Jan 22, 2012

Pencil Eyeliners Galore!

I've collected a handful of eyeliners that I've been trying for a while now that I wanted to review. Searching for that perfect pencil that has lasting power can be an expensive journey.

First up is the Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Eye Pencil in Zero. This pencil is so creamy and super black, I love it. This makes me want to try out the brighter colors, but at $18 USD, it's a hefty price. It supposed to be waterproof and I guess smear proof, but I find that it wears off  on the waterline pretty fast. Of course that depends how watery your eyes are (mine are super watery). This pencil is very good for winging out your liner if you sharpen it first. A good dupe would be NYC's Waterproof Pencil, although not as black.

Next are the Toki Doki Brillante Glitter Eyeliner in Rondine and Skeletro. These were only $5 USD a pop since they aren't going to sold anymore. At first, fresh out of the plastic wrapping, it was really hard, and then it became soft. It may be a little scratchy so some because of the glitter, but it's not too bad. I really like the glitter in them. I haven't had a problem using this on my water line, in fact I prefer it there. I like using these two colors to create a gradient line. I got a compliment from one of my guy friends when I did that. These might be on the Sephora website still so catch while you can!

Next is the Hard Candy Take Me Out Liner in Bullet, a silvery color. This was around $5 USD at Walmart. This one super soft and pretty sheer. It's good to use at the inner corner of your eyes for that bright and awake look. The chopstick look to it is pretty tempting to use to eat some ramen.

Of course you're going to need a good sharpener for all them pencils. This is a Sephora brand dual sharpener. This is an excellent sharpener and it even has a chamber to hold the shavings. At $5 USD, it's a steal. I haven't tried the wider side since I don't have a chubby pencil liner. I've tried regular pencil sharpeners which work, but not good enough. The NYC dual sharpener, which was only $0.97 USD, sucked even worse than a regular pencil sharpener.

Do you have any favorite pencil liners that you absolutely love?

No comments:

Post a Comment